Monday, May 17, 2010

XTERRA King of the Hill


Kristin came with me to this one... Man, she is a one-person cheering machine, and with crazy whistling powers too! I spotted her all over the course taking pictures and jumping around for me, the long lost Booth relatives, and a bunch of other freinds out racing. So this one is going to be mainly a photo post using her pics...

The start was a 300yd beach run to swim leg...


Heading back into the water for the second swim loop... I ended up third out of the water. Swim was only half a mile, not long enough to give me much of an advantage...


Out of transition and immediately down some stairs en route to a very hilly/rocky 12 miles...


Towards the end of the bike leg, sitting in 10th place here...


Out on the run about to head up Tobogan Hill chasing down the guy ahead of me...


passed him coming back down (that hill was brutal!)...


a long sandy finish... Results haven't been posted yet, but I was 9th across the line (possibly 8th). Will update with offical results when they become available... Either way, still some good XTERRA qualifying points for me in my quest for Nationals
**Update: Official Results HERE**


Overall Winners... D-Booth 2nd overall!!!


R-Booth, first place in AG for the Duathlon Race... Reciever of a pimped out bobble-head trophy.


Fun race in the books. Now contemplating what to do next weekend... instead of racing might opt to get in some long slow paced mileage... we'll see.

1 comment:

Whitarican (White-A-Rican) said...

Holy crap this race looks crazy!!!
By the way congrats on 6th place finish at ironclad! 7 seconds from 5th!!!!