Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Madness Biathlon

38 degrees is not that comfortable for a biathlon. I sweat big, so after the first 2.2 mile run I was pretty much soaked, then on the bike for 12 miles the body got really cold with the wind and the wet. Even though I was expecting it and I tried to dress to minimize it, there was no avoiding the cold. Then came the last run which kicked my ass, primarily because I haven't done any brix workouts in a long time, my legs felt like they where filled with cement. But at least I thawed out again, or at least got warm again, becuase I certainly didn't get dry... I crossed the finish line looking like I had just crawled out of the pool... as usual.

According to the computer on my TT bike, the last time I rode it was exactly 6 months ago at the Westchester Tri. The bike is still dialed in perfectly from last year, and I forgot how much fun it is to go fast on that bike! Can't wait to put it to good use again this year.

Even though I felt sluggish, I finished the race in 1:06:15, which is pretty fast for me (versus previous years). But finished 36th overall which is much higher than normal... I guess the competition is just getting faster/harder.

4 weeks left until Duathlon Nationals, lets see how much better I can get by then. Time to work on my speed.

No comments: